Plantation Shutter History
Plantation shutters have a long history. It's worth mentioning that they originate in the American South, from the farms that typically grew cotton, coffee, tobacco, and sugar. Such farms were commonly known as plantations. Because the climate in the southern states of America is subtropical, the summers are extremely hot. The traditional window furnishing people used in their houses was thick and heavy — it wasn't supposed to keep the house cool. As a result, American people decided to invent lightweight wooden curtains also known as plantation shutters.
Large slat size is the main feature that separates wooden shutters from regular ones. When plantation shutters are fully opened, they let in a significant amount of light and allow for maximum airflow, helping to keep the apartment cool. In most cases, plantation shutters are painted white, as white reflects heat. And when plantation shutters are closed, they block out light and give maximum privacy.
Among other benefits of custom plantation shutters we can name the following:
- Longevity: unlike fabric drapes, wooden shutters won't fade due to sun's harmful UV rays or aging.
- Easy cleaning: all you need is a damp cloth to wipe over the blades.
- Comfort: custom plantation shutters are constructed and measured to fit snugly into any window frame.
- Variety of styles.
- Wide choice of materials: you can choose between natural and artificial materials.
- Upgrade and enlarge the appearance of your rooms.
- Add value to your property.
- Do you like pink plantation shutters？ 2022-09-01 35
- Do you know how many kinds of plantation shutter tilt rod？ 2022-08-11 60
- What are the types of plantation shutter? 2022-08-08 60
- Why are full height shutters the most popular style? 2022-08-05 64
- The Plantation Shutter louvers classification information 2022-06-17 116
- 2022 New Product: Wooden Radiator Covering 2022-03-27 119
- 2022 Popular shutter colors 2022-03-04 125
- Welcome to our B2B Website of Alibaba.com 2022-02-25 114